Will Hearing Aids Help Me?
Do you have to ask your friends, family members, and co-workers to repeat themselves on a regular basis? Do you turn the television volume up louder than you used to? If so, you may be asking yourself, “Will hearing aids help me?”
Your ability to hear usually diminishes over time, which means you slowly become accustomed to not hearing the world around you! The fact that hearing loss often occurs slowly can make knowing the right time for hearing aids difficult, especially for people with mild hearing loss.
However, if you find yourself questioning whether or not you need hearing aids, you probably do need some hearing assistance.
Here are a few signs you should look for that signal hearing loss:
- You feel like people often speak too quietly for you to hear them
- You often have to ask people to repeat themselves and have trouble communicating with others, especially women and children.
- You have difficulty hearing a conversation partner in noisy areas, like in a restaurant, where there is a lot of background noise
- When watching TV, you turn the volume up to the highest levels – or levels that others find uncomfortable
- To better understand people, you watch their faces and gestures closely as they talk
- In dimly lit or dark areas, you have a hard time understanding and communicating with others because you can’t see their lip movements or facial expressions
- You find yourself feeling frustrated during conversations because you misunderstand or miss words.
If you are experiencing any of the signs of hearing loss above, you may need hearing help. The easiest and most accurate way to know if hearing aids will help you is to take a hearing test.
Please don’t spend more time wondering, “Will hearing aids help me?”. That’s just more time spent living with untreated hearing loss! Instead, contact us so we can schedule a hearing test for you with one of our partner offices! A hearing care professional out of one of our partner offices can administer your hearing test, and once we have your hearing test results, we can advise you on what types of hearing aids are best for your type and level of hearing loss.
We’ll walk you through the entire process, from scheduling your hearing test, to reading the results, to getting the right hearing aids for you!
If you can’t hear well, it can affect your ability to communicate and your ability to maintain and fully enjoy your relationships with friends and family. It can affect your performance at work and can prevent you from taking part in the hobbies you enjoy – but only if you let it!
You don’t have to live with untreated hearing loss.
If you have difficulty hearing, you can enjoy a better hearing experience – and improve your day to day life and your relationships – by wearing hearing aids, so we highly recommend taking that first step and getting a hearing test if you suspect you have hearing loss!
We know how important your hearing is to both you and your loved ones, and we are dedicated to helping you achieve better hearing at a price that fits your budget.
If you have any questions about your hearing care or hearing aids, please feel free to reach out to us at (877) 344‑7744! Our friendly representatives are here to help you get the best hearing experience possible – at the best price!